If you have any questions about this policy, please email [email protected] or write to Sherpa Consulting, 11a Church Lane, Wrestlingworth, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2EU, England.
Who we are
Sherpa Consulting is the trading name of Mr J.A.G.Hawkins. Sherpa Consulting is registered with the Business Names Register (No.2254671).
The Sherpa Consulting logo is a registered trade mark.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including postal address, email address and telephone number
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Website usage data.
- Other information relevant to client enquiries.
How we use these data
Collecting these data helps us to understand what you are seeking from Sherpa Consulting, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails, mailings, or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you by email, telephone or post for market research reasons.
This website does not permit users to make comments.
This website does not permit users to upload media.
Users wishing to be contacted by Sherpa Consulting are required to submit their name, email address, a heading for their enquiry and any other information they feel is relevant to their enquiry.
These details will be retained for so long as there is an active relationship with the enquirer and for no more than five years after last contact is made.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information such as how many people use the website and which pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analysis package. Aggregated usage data helps us to improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Test content on our website. For example 50% of our users might see one piece of content while the other 50% see a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information which you will find more relevant and interesting.
- Recognise when you return to our website. We may show you relevant content or provide functionality which you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or to any information about you other that that which you have chosen to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Cookies will automatically expire after one year.
You can remove our cookies by pressing the Please remove any cookies button. Please remove any cookies
Sherpa Consulting uses Statcounter to record visitor activity. Statcounter records the following information:
- Number of page views
- Exit time
- Visit length
- Screen resolution
- Operating System
- Total visits
- IP Address
- Referring URL
- Entry Page
- Exit Page
Note that none of this is personal data. IP addresses are not considered to be personal data if it is not possible to identify an individual using the IP address.
You can prevent Statcounter recording your visit by setting a refusal cookie. To do this visit the Statcounter refusal service: Statcounter refusal cookie
Sherpa Consulting also uses Google Analytics. Google Analytics does not store any personal data.
Who we share your data with
The Sherpa Consulting website is served through the Cloudflare content delivery network. Any data entered on the website is passed to Sherpa Consulting through the Cloudflare network. No user data is stored on Cloudflare or at any other remote location. We do not share data with any other business.
How long we retain your data
We will retain your data for up to five years after we last have contact with you.
What rights you have over your data
You may request a report of the data we hold about you, if any. You may request that we delete any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes.
Where we send your data
All data is stored in the United Kingdom.
If you have any privacy concerns, please email [email protected] or write to Sherpa Consulting, 11a Church Lane, Wrestlingworth, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2EU, England.
Sherpa Consulting is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
Data Controller: James Alexander George Hawkins
Registration ref: Z8089449
How we protect your data
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information we have implemented strong physical and electronic safeguards.
We follow stringent procedures to ensure that we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the sherpaconsulting.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site's data protection and privacy policies fully.