It is the policy of Sherpa Consulting to attach the greatest importance to the Health, Safety and Welfare at work of all its own and its customers’ employees. We believe that this is the Management responsibility, which ranks equally with the Company’s commercial activity. The promotion of health and safety at work is a mutual objective for both employer and employee and the responsibility of management cannot be properly discharged without the full and active co-operation of all employees.
In line with this, our statement of general policy is:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- To consult with all our employees on matters affecting their health, safety and well-being.
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment and systems of work to ensure they are safe and without risk to health.
- To ensure the safe handling and use of all substances used in connection with our work activities.
- To provide information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure the competency of all employees to safely carry out their duties.
- To prevent accidents and cases of all work related ill health.
- To ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to ensure adequate resources (time, money and manpower) are available for this policy to be implemented.
- To provide appropriate personal protective equipment without cost to employees.
- Hazards, which may exist in connection with the work activity, are identified and eliminated through risk assessments. Where hazards still remain they will be brought to the attention of the person who may be exposed.
- To ensure adequate first aid provision on all work sites.
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- To review and revise this Health and Safety Policy as necessary at regular intervals.
It is the aim of this company to promote the highest standards of health, safety and welfare throughout its organisation in the performance of its activities.